What is it?
Giving your potential clients a simple, yet very relevant word to use when they outreach you in the DMs (Direct Messages)
Why does it work?
It works because it focuses your buyer back onto what they really want – the destination, not the journey. It makes engaging with you and enquiring much simpler as you know what you need to do AND you can leverage automation to recognise certain words in your DMs (Direct Messages) to then trigger certain replies.
How can you use it?
Step 1 – Consider what your buyers and clients are looking for. What is their ideal, desired outcome?
Step 2 – How can you express that desired outcome in one word – preferably a short word that’s easy to spell.
Step 3 – Use this word as a Call To Action in your posts to identify the next steps to potentially working with you / buying from you.
My friend Sales Guy Chris, uses the word “CLIENTS” as his course is designed to help you sell more and get more… CLIENTS. So it makes sense to use that word to focus on the desired outcome from his offering.
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell