What is it?
Having a simple, easy and logical email address makes it much easier for buyers to interact with you.
Why does it work?
It works because it’s the path of least resistance.
If you have simple, obvious emails for the different parts of your business – it makes it easier for everyone to email the correct place and to remember the addresses too.
For example – having single word emails for the departments in your business like this:
Is much easier than this:
Or using a named person in that department like this:
How can you use it?
Even if you don’t have a large company, rather than accounts emails coming to “[email protected]” it makes sense to use a simple, departmental email for each area of your business:
- Use a single word
- Avoid hyphens or dots
- Ensure the email address is obvious – you could guess it if possible.
If all else fails- ensure you have a catchall email in place so you never miss a message again.
Simplifying touch points
Making it easy for people to interact with you and buy from you is a crucial factor but so easy to miss. Here are 9 ways you can make it easier for people to contact you:
- Catchall email – Never miss an email by ensuring that [email protected] gets delivered.
- Memorable phone number – If you want people to call you, make it easy for them to remember your number.
- Simple Email Address – Make it easy for people to email you by having “obvious” email addresses.
- Freephone / Freepost– If you want people to call or write to you, then making it free ensures there are no barriers.
- Simplified URL – Using a domain that’s easy to read, write, speak, spell and remember makes life easier for your buyer.
- Start here domain – Make it easy for new buyers and clients to know how to interact with you.
- Misspelt domain – If there is a common misspelling of your name then it makes sense to own the .com domain.
- DM Word – Make it easy for people to direct message (DM) you by giving them a keyword to use.
- QR Codes – Make it easy for people in the real world to find you online.
Like this kind of stuff? Want more?
Then Practical Sales Training™ is for you…
Action focussed, affordable sales training
for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Brought to you by James Newell